After some research, I figured out what the heck this award nomination was and discovered that it is just another fun way for new bloggers to connect and get to know each other. I always enjoy the opportunity to get to know the person behind the blog, so I am taking this award nomination as another chance to do just that.
11 Random Musings About Me
1. I am the youngest of three – my sister, Kristy, and brother, Gary, are 10 and six years older than me, respectively, so I often thought I was an only child once they both left home when I was younger.
2. Although I’m a social butterfly, I am a complete homebody. There is no place I would rather be most days.
3. I LOVE to fish. Yes, this blonde-haired, blue-eyed girly girl, loves to sit on a boat and wait for a big catch.
4. I am hardest on myself and my biggest critic.
5. I am organized and detail-oriented to the point where my husband thinks I have a disorder.
6. Even though my wedding is over, I still love everything about them – dress shows, wedding magazines, helping friends plan their weddings … you name it.
7. When I was little, my dream was to be a ballet dancer and ultimately dance the part of Clara in the Nutcracker.
8. As I got older, the ballet dream turned into an acting dream, particularly to be on Broadway. Too bad I wasn’t blessed with the voice of an angel.
9. If I’m having a bad hair day, I will be in an unpleasant mood all day.
10. I enjoy spring cleaning because it gives me the opportunity to purge my closet, sell or donate the clothes I don’t want anymore, and then go shop for new items.
11. Going to the movies is one of, if not my favorite, thing to do.
Aimee Rose’s Questions
1. What is your favorite food?
Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
2. When you were 5 what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you do it?
Ha, I answered this question above! I wanted to be a ballerina and dance the part of Clara in the Nutcracker. I think it goes without saying that this didn’t happen.
3. What book should I be reading?
She Walks in Beauty – Caroline Kennedy. It’s a collection of poems that chronicle women’s journeys through life.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people don’t hold the door open for you when you’re clearly right behind them. It’s just rude.
5. What is your best skill?
Talking (ha!) and writing.
6. What do you wish you were better at?
Not getting stressed when something doesn’t go according to plan or I have to deviate from my to-do list.
7. What was your motivation behind starting your blog?
Since I have gone through a lot of major life changes and adjustments the past year, I wanted (and needed in some ways) a place to write and be creative about topics that I’m passionate about.
8. What is your favorite way to exercise?
I ride the stationary bike almost everyday at the gym. I also enjoy a good upbeat class, such as Kosama or step.
9. Which do you prefer, eating out or cooking in? Why?
I do love my fair share of eating out, but there is nothing quite like whipping something up in the kitchen and having Ryan rave about how good it is. Plus, dinnertime is our time to sit and talk to each other without any other distractions.
10. What is your favorite weekend activity?
Shopping and watching movies
11. What is the next big decision you have to make?
What exactly am I going to do with my life … isn’t that always the next big decision?
Here are my 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite blog/blogger and why?
2. Disney World or Universal Studios?
3. What is the one thing in your closet that you can’t live without?
4. What is the one beauty product you can’t leave home without?
5. Dogs or cats?
6. What is your favorite season? Why?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8. Favorite movie?
9. Where have you gone on your most memorable vacation?
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
11. What is your favorite dress-up or special occasion outfit consist of?
Finally, here are my nominations! (if you’ve already been nominated, apologies)