Can I get a hip-hip-hooray for Friday?
I don’t think the sun has come out once this week, so I am going a bit stir crazy. I know it’s spring and that it’s supposed to rain, but it could at least be warm and sunny while it rains! Is that too much to ask for, Mother Nature? Sheesh.
Anyways, wherever you are and whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have fun! Let’s jump into my recap of the week.
1. I am headed to St. Louis, Mo., today with Becky (right) to visit Breann (left) for the weekend! Her 25th birthday is today, so we have a fun night out-on-the-town planned for tonight and then some St. Louis sightseeing and activities the rest of the weekend. I can’t wait to be with my friends and for some much-needed girl time.
2. I finally got around to decorating our mantel this week, and I am thrilled with the final result! I have been itching to have wedding pictures on display in the house somewhere other than our master bedroom, so it makes my heart full to walk into the living room and see the frames. Also, that sunburst mirror? It was a steal at $33 from Home Depot – who would have thought?!
3. I had a very long and stressful day a few days ago, so a big glass of wine and a Chicago Blackhawks win was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits.
4. To break out of my Mac & Cheese rut, I made myself one of my favorite and easiest meals for dinner on one of Ryan’s work night’s – Pesto Feta Pasta. It’s so light and packed with flavor. I will be posting the recipe Tuesday, so be sure to check back!
5. Last but not least … can you guess where I’m sitting in this picture? Details coming soon!