Well, it’s hard to believe that the last weekend of summer is upon us. It’s not the easiest reality to grasp, but we have so many fun things to look forward to in September and October that I’m not overly sad about it.
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to kick off this holiday weekend ASAP. I am taking Monday off to enjoy the last bit of summertime, and I hope wherever you are and whatever you plan to do that you also have a fantastic holiday weekend.
Here’s a few highlights from my life the past week.
1. As you may have noticed, Miss in the Midwest has a new look! Things aren’t quite finished yet as all the final details and finishing touches are being installed, but I sincerely appreciate all the positive feedback and comments I already have received about it. I’ll be sure to share more about the designer and my experience when the site is fully complete!
2. Since I work from home and also am on full-time puppy mom duty, I sometimes need to escape somewhere just to get out of the house for an hour or two. As usual, enter Target. I never really go in there with a plan of what to get, but I always come out with something. I was excited to pick up these beauty items – I’ll have a post next week about some recent drugstore finds.
3. For the first time in 10+ years, my big brother Gary finally is back living in the Midwest and only 30 minutes from us nonetheless! It’s great to have him close to home again – we cooked dinner for him Monday and all watched the Emmy’s together as a pre-birthday celebration. His 31st birthday actually is today, so happy birthday Gary!
4. I don’t typically follow along with all the “national” days (there seems to be one for everything and anything lately), but I obviously couldn’t pass up National Dog Day. This is mine and Finn’s routine before bed every night – I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to do it much longer at the rate that he’s growing.
5. Lastly, I didn’t want to mention anything until the worst was behind us, but my mom has been in the hospital for almost two weeks and she finally got to go home yesterday. Her appendix ruptured two Sundays ago, and it pretty much was a mess from there between infections, difficulty breathing, etc. I am so grateful that she now is home in her own bed and can get some much-needed sleep so she can continue to get strong. Love you, momma!
Linking up with: