Happy Friday, folks!
I seriously think the week before you leave for vacation is the worst, not only because of the anticipation but because of the million and one things that you have to do to get ready to go away.
I’ve been busy and stressed to the max this week, and I don’t think that’s going to let up this weekend! I do have a quick visit from my sister and her husband to look forward to tomorrow, and I’ll be soaking up all the puppy time I can get before Finn heads to my parent’s house Monday for the week.
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope it’s a good one! Here are the highlights from my week.
1. So, we’re officially knee-deep in house hunting, and it seriously is. so. fun. I love seeing how other people decorate their homes and arrange furniture – it usually leads to me standing in the room for 10 minutes mentally rearranging everything in my head. We have two strong contenders – 1 very strong contender – that could potentially be “the house,” but a lot has to occur before then. More to come!
2. My brother came over Sunday night for the Chicago Bears game (I bet you can assume how well we fit in living in Wisconsin …), and Finn just simply adores him. I’m not sure what it is, but he has to be by Gary at all times if he’s here.
3. Fall weather and temperatures have been in full force in the Midwest, and I can’t get enough. Bring on scarves, sweaters and boots! (By the way, how are we styling cardigans these days? Unbuttoned, buttoned? Help me out.)
4. I was able to sneak away yesterday and leave Finn with Ryan while I treated myself to a pre-vacation manicure and pedicure. I guess Finn approved of the colors that I chose!
5. And, last but not least, here’s another picture of Finn. He seriously smiles all the time, which makes me feel pretty good as a puppy mom!