1. Freshman year of college, my closest friend and I decided it would be hilarious to go as Regina George from Mean Girls when they cut holes in her white tank top, and she walks around with her purple bra exposed. I mean, it was genius. We even bought the rhinestone R initial necklace from Claire’s. And, can we discuss how long my hair was and how stinkin’ skinny I was?! Those were the days.
2. Sophomore year, it was a last minute decision to dress up and go out for Halloween. Without much time, I bought this dress for cheap from Forever 21 and decided to go as Madonna circa the Like A Virgin era. Everything was great until one of the straps broke on the dress, which resulted in someone duct taping the dress to my back. Yeah, long story.
3. Junior year was the first year Ryan and I decided to do a couple’s costume. Since we were (and still are) obsessed with the movie Anchorman, we found it natural to go as Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone. Those suits were awesome Goodwill finds – I’m pretty sure Ryan still has his.
4. Who’s that Spartan in your teepee? It’s me, it’s me! Please tell me some of you remember this SNL skit with Will Ferrel and Cheri O’Teri. Ryan and I learned all the cheers, and we may or may not have performed them throughout the night.
5. Okay, so this technically isn’t us dressed up as anything, but it’s one of my favorite Halloween memories. A few years ago, I finally got to take Ryan to the pumpkin patch that my parents always took us growing up. It’s one of my favorite places to go, and of course I forced him to take pictures with all the cartoon characters. He was a good sport about it, and it was fun to think that in the distant future we could be taking our kids to the same place!
Linking up with: