Happy Friday from the Midwest tundra! People, it is COLD outside and I am SO over it. Summer, please hurry.
What does everybody have planned for Valentine’s Day weekend? Ryan and I are headed to a nice dinner tonight, and then tomorrow will consist of furniture shopping for the family room and a much-needed trip to Costco, ultimately ending with Costo take-and-bake pizza for dinner. It doesn’t get any more romantic than that.
Anyways, here’s a quick recap of the past week.
1. ICYMI – Miss in the Midwest got a makeover earlier this week! I so much appreciate all the kind words and feedback that I’ve received from all of you about the new look – to say I am beyond thrilled with it is an understatement. My favorite feature is my new static navigation bar with drop-down menus if you’re looking for more specific categories within beauty, style, etc. Thank you so much to Bethany for bringing my vision to life and being an absolute joy to work with.
2. Hey, fun fact about me: I am straight up terrified of the doctor. Like, anxiety for weeks before my appointment and shedding tears right up until getting in the car to go to the office. My appointment was Wednesday this week, so I finally feel like a normal, functioning human being again. Psst – everything went fine.
3. Miss in the Midwest reached another big blog milestone this week – 300 followers on Bloglovin’! Again, thank YOU for continuing to come back to read my content and leave comments. All of you are what makes this blogging thing so fun and rewarding.
4. We received a huge Valentine’s Day surprise from my parents – Billy Joel concert tickets! The whole family is going in August when he plays at Wrigley Field. I am so excited to see a musician that I grew up listening to with Ryan, my parents and siblings. Now there’s something to look forward to when the weather warms up!
5. I finally started a new book this week! I purchased The Woman I Wanted To Be back before Christmas but hadn’t gotten around to reading it yet. So, after hearing my sister’s and Biana’s rave reviews about it, I knew it would be my first read of 2015. Finn apparently wanted to get in on the action, too.
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.