3.13.15 40

High Five for Friday

It’s Friday. It’s sunny outside, and it’s supposed to reach 60 degrees today. I consider that a fantastic start to the weekend.

Since I’m anxious to get out of the house, I’m keeping today’s post short and sweet! Here’s a quick recap of the week.

1. Our wedding anniversary trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico, is booked! We booked everything through Marriott Vacations and are staying at the Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino in the Condado Beach area the first week in October. Bring on the beach, sight-seeing and Pina Coladas!

2. I had a not-so-little helper on my lap all week while working in the office. It’s a miracle that I get anything accomplished when Finn is in a snuggle mood.

3. For only being active on the app for just about a week, I’ve already had decent success with selling a couple items on Poshmark. I’m finding that the hardest part is sharing and advertising what items that you have for sale, but I suppose that all comes with time and experience. I do have quite a few pieces of clothing and accessories in my closet right now, so be sure to check it out if you’re interested!

4. Although it seems like a finished family room is nowhere in near sight, I’m staying positive that it’s all coming together and will be finished soon enough. I’ve been looking for printed curtains for the large window in there, and I’m considering these – what do you all think? I can’t get enough of this print lately!

5. You’re getting a double-dose of Finley this week because … well, why not? He’s been enjoying daily walks now that it’s nice out. I’ll admit – I’ve been enjoying them, too! We walk a little more than two miles each day, which makes me feel better if I don’t get to the gym.

On a side note – I’m considering changing up my Friday posts in the coming weeks. I may embark on some sort of wardrobe/style challenge or set up a rotating schedule of High Five for Friday posts and a second weekly style post every other week. I simply have the urge to change things up and try something new, so we’ll see how it plays out. If anybody is interested in doing some sort of wardrobe challenge with me, let me know!

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with:

1. You absolutely should! It's a fun concept once you get the hang of it. My username is @msinthemidwest if you join and want to follow my closet!

Published 3.15.15
  2. It so is! Thanks to you girls, I never would've known about it! Happy Sunday!

Published 3.15.15
  3. How fun! We are so excited to go in October.

Published 3.15.15
  4. Animal prints totally are the new neutral! I did get those curtains, so I'm excited to see them in our family room. Happy Sunday!

Published 3.15.15
  5. Yes! I'm still brainstorming ideas/concepts, but I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do. Gotta love the Lego Movie. 🙂 Happy Sunday!

Published 3.15.15
  6. Hopefully they make it available in Canada soon! I've had a little bit of luck so far, but nothing too major – I think like anything it takes some time. It would just be nice to make a little bit of money on my nicer clothes than just donating all of it. I'm still brainstorming about some sort of style challenge … stay tuned! Happy Sunday!

Published 3.15.15
  7. I so agree about the weather – I feel like a different person because of it! Happy Sunday!

Published 3.15.15
  8. Girl, you and your comments make my day. Every day. You rock.

Published 3.15.15
  9. Right?! I tell you – some days it is a struggle to get anything done with that face staring at me.

Published 3.15.15
  10. Yes! It's definitely something to look forward to in the fall, although I kind of wish we were going now. 🙂 What's your username on Poshmark? We should follow each other's closets and help spread the love. 🙂

Published 3.15.15
  11. We are very excited for our vacation, as I'm sure Finn will be excited to be on vacation at your house for a week! Hope your power finally came back on.

Published 3.15.15
  12. I did get the curtains, and I'm so excited! This spring weather has been glorious. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Published 3.15.15
  13. I bought the curtains after reading through everybody's comments Friday! I'm so excited to get them – I'm not typically into prints, but I am just madly in love with those. And, yes – big HOORAY for spring and warm temps. Hope you had a great weekend!

Published 3.15.15
  14. Thanks, girl! I bit the bullet and ordered those curtains, so now I'm anxious to get them on my windows. Hope you had a wonderful weekend with this gorgeous weather!

Published 3.15.15
  15. Right?! And, then when you want to snuggle with them, they want nothing to do with you. 🙂

Published 3.15.15
  16. That's what we found through research, too. We want to avoid renting a car for the whole trip, and it looks like staying in that area we can walk to a lot of stuff or take a cab. Hope you had a wonderful baby shower yesterday!

Published 3.15.15
  17. How awesome! I definitely would like to pick your brain about PR – I'll probably be sending you an email in the near future. 🙂 Happy Sunday – hope you had a nice weekend!

Published 3.15.15
  18. I'm so excited to hear about your trip when you get back – I'm sure you'll have lots of great recommendations for us!

Published 3.15.15
  19. Yes, we are very excited! My cousin is getting married the weekend after we get back, so I'll be happy to still have a tan for my bridesmaid dress. 🙂 Finn has been acting extra hyper lately, too – definitely because of the weather. Looking forward to your email about a style challenge!

Published 3.15.15
  20. Thanks, girl! Hope you had a good weekend!

21. Kate wrote:

A friend also just told me about Poshmark! I have a few things I want to sell. Might have to check it out!

Published 3.14.15
  22. Aww what a cutie! Isn't Poshmark great? I'm obsessed! 🙂 Have a great weekend!
    xo Emily

Published 3.14.15
  23. LilDesiqua wrote:

I'm heading to Puerto Rico on Tuesday! Can't wait! I've actually been several times (I have family there) but am bringing a friend who's never been, so I'm excited to do all the "touristy" stuff. Hope you have a great time!

24. Sara C wrote:

Those curtains are super cute! They would be a great accent to whatever you have going in there! Animal prints are the new neutral, right? 🙂 A wardrobe challenge could be great fun! Happy weekend!!

Published 3.13.15
  25. I'll do a wardrobe challenge with you!! 🙂 Love the pictures of Finn, he's the cutest. That's so great about your anniversary trip too!! Yay!! Oh and this mom that came into the store yesterday had a little boy who was wearing a Lego movie t-shirt. Then I had that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day… haha. Anyway, had to share that with you! Have a wonderful weekend lady!!

26. Nadia wrote:

I wish Poshmark was available for Canada – I would love to find something like that to use for my old clothes. I always end up donating everything which is fine, but being able to sell pieces so easily would be nice for quality items! You know I'd love to see a style challenge post from you each week!

Published 3.13.15
  27. The warmer weather feels like the most amazing thing– finally! Finn is so cute, I'm surprised you can get anything done too 🙂 I hope you guys have a good weekend!

28. The Adored Life wrote:

You are a goooddesssss. I mean it.

Published 3.13.15
  29. Awwwwww that little face!!! I wouldn't get anything done wither but it's nice you have a walking buddy!

Published 3.13.15
  30. I love the double dose of Finn to start the weekend! I just also joined Poshmark, and am still getting the hang of it also, but I really like the concept and am hoping to have some luck with it! Yay to officially booking your trip – now that it's on the calendar you can officially start the countdown! Have a great weekend! xoxo

Published 3.13.15

60's and a double dose of Finn is a great way to start the weekend! I think a printed curtain would bring a little dose of flair to your soon-to-be completed (wishful thinking!) family room. So happy you and Ryan are going to Puerto Rico, I think you will love it! Happy weekend!

32. Tiffany {A Touch of Grace} wrote:

Get the curtains for sure! So excited for your trip! What a fun place to go!
    And yay for warmer weather where you are! It's been in the mid-60s here in Seattle. Absolutely loving this early spring!

Published 3.13.15
  33. Oh my gosh – get those curtains!! Love them and they would look awesome! So excited for you guys and your upcoming trip, I'm sure October will be here before we know it. But in the meantime, YAY spring and 60 degrees!

Published 3.13.15
  34. The fact that it's supposed to hit 60 today is absolutely amazing and fantastic all rolled into one! Patterned curtains always bring so much to a room, love those dalmatian ones. And yay for booking your trip, enjoy your weekend girl!

35. Nichole wrote:

Ahhh that anniversary trip sounds so amazing! Isn't it funny how the animals always get so cozy on their terms?! lol. Coco my cat will do that all the time when I'm on the computer and I'm like yup nope I wasn't doing anything important! hahah!

Published 3.13.15
  36. The Condado beach area is the perfect location! We didn't stay there, but it is the main resort area and I wish we would have been there. Those curtains are super cute!

37. Jenn wrote:

Yay for booking your trip!! I went with my husband about two years ago, so if you need any recommendations (I've given a bunch to Biana already too), feel free to ask! 🙂 It's a beautiful place!!
    Hope you have a great weekend girl and enjoy that sunshine and 60's (finally!!!!)

Published 3.13.15

So happy that you guys booked everything for Puerto Rico! We booked our bio bay tour this week and I'm so looking forward to the beach in a few weeks!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Published 3.13.15
  39. Puerto Rico in October sounds amazing. Just when the weather is starting to cool down and you're losing that summer glow, you'll get yours back!! Finn is adorable. Our pup has been crazy this week and David says its because it's warming up outside and he's excited. As far as a style challenge, I have an idea for a monthly challenge. I'll send out the email this weekend and include you on it!

40. Pamela wrote:

Yay for warmer weather and vacations! And that picture of you and Finn is so cute! Your hair looks amazing! Happy Friday girl!

<3, Pamela