It’s fall, y’all! While the temperatures still remain all over the place, I am in a total seasonal state-of-mind. We put out our outdoor fall decor this weekend, and that pretty much did it for me. I’ve enjoyed reading all the fall to-do lists the past couple weeks, so I thought it would be fun to put together my top 10 fall to do’s. Better yet, I already can check a few off the list!
Leaves, boots and a cup of coffee? Yes, please! | Photo via
1. Plan our wedding anniversary getaway. Check! We are headed to Door County, Wis., for a few days the first week of October (our anniversary is Oct. 5). We are trying Airbnb for the first time, and I can’t wait to unplug for a few days in this picturesque town. Another bonus is that it’s only a two-hour drive – I’m relieved we don’t have to deal with airports anymore this year!
2. Get updated family photos taken. Another check! We are scheduled for photos the Sunday after we get back from Door County. While it was fun and cost-saving to take our own photos last year, I wanted to leave it to a professional this year. This might be the last time that we have professional photos taken as just us and Finn, so I want to capture this time in our lives in the right way.
3. Go to the pumpkin patch and/or apple picking. While this certainly isn’t as fun as it would be with a little babe running around, I still enjoy it! It’s a time to enjoy the nice weather and take advantage of what the season has to offer.
4. Indulge in all the fall treats. There’s no better time than fall to indulge a little – pies, apple cider doughnuts, chocolate-covered pretzels, etc. The options are limitless, and I plan to stock the fridge and freezer to fill my fix.
5. Finish downstairs home renovations. Our life has been consumed by home renovations the past months. Our kitchen is almost finished, and we also are in the midst of furnishing our sitting room/dining room and renovating the half bathroom. We’d like to wrap everything up in the next month so that we can enjoy it. It won’t be long before winter hits, and we tackle our master bedroom.
6. Watch scary movies. This is about the only way that I celebrate Halloween anymore. It’s the perfect option for an at-home date night.
7. Find a new walking trail. The weather is so beautiful this time of year that I like to get Finn out as much as possible. I’d love to find a new nature walk for him to explore and enjoy a daily walk.
8. Get back to a budget. Home projects wreak havoc on your monthly budget. We always stick to our fixed expenses, but everything else has been a bit of a free-for-all. I want to get it back under control.
9. Continue the “great” house clean out. We’re still working toward living a more simplified, less clutter-filled life. There have been more trips to Goodwill at this point than I can count, and I feel like we’re making great progress.
10. Take a drive to see the fall colors. Northern Wisconsin has some of the best fall colors around. While we are sure to get a full fix of this in Door County, I’d like to drive around locally (maybe with a PSL in hand?) and enjoy what our town and those close by have to offer.
What’s on your fall to-do list?