Day-to-Night Holiday Lips with Neutrogena

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GetHolidayReady #CollectiveBias

With the holiday season in full swing, most of us are leading hectic lives with crazy schedules. Between holiday shopping, visiting families, parties, etc., there’s not a whole lot of extra time during the day! For me personally, the hustle and bustle particularly takes a toll on my makeup routine. While I typically like to wear lighter, natural makeup for daytime and then redo it for nighttime, I simply don’t have the time to devote to two separate makeup applications. But, I’ll let you in on a little secret – a simple change of your lip color can completely transform your makeup look! That’s why I’m thrilled to share a quick tutorial for day-to-night holiday lips with Neutrogena®.

Day-to-Night Holiday Lips with Neutrogena

The first step to this tutorial is to start with a neutral makeup look – keep in mind that you won’t change any of these base products! For me, that means liquid foundation and concealer, a taupe/mauve-color blush, bronzer and a subtle highlighter. For the eyes, I used a flesh-tone color all over the lid with a sweep of light brown shadow in and above the crease. I finished with a shimmer shadow in the inner corner and on the brow bone, black shadow as eyeliner on the top lash line, and LOTS of mascara.

Day-to-Night Holiday Lips with Neutrogena Before

Not only will this type of makeup and colors suit almost any skin tone, it allows your lips to be the star of the makeup show!

For a daytime appropriate look, I like to stick to nude and pink tones. Bonus points if the product is moisturizing since my lips can use all the love they can get as we enter into the dry winter air. The Neutrogena® MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Pink Nude (100) meets all that criteria!

Day-to-Night Holiday Lips with Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick Pink Nude 100Day-to-Night Holiday Lips with Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick Pink Nude 100

I don’t think I’v ever used a lip product that glides on like a lip balm but still provides buildable color. This is one of those products that you don’t even need a mirror to accurately apply, especially the Pink Nude shade. It’s such a pretty barely-there color that subtly finishes your daytime look.

Not to mention the scent – oh, the scent! Infused with fruit extracts, mango and shea butter, trust me – you’ll be tempted to lick your lips with how good this stuff smells.

When you’re ready to switch to your nighttime lip color, all you need is a pack of Neutrogena® Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. I have used these makeup remover wipes for years, and they never disappoint. I find these to be more saturated than other makeup removers, so taking off your makeup is a breeze. No tugging or pulling needed!

Day-to-Night Holiday Lips with Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing TowelettesDay-to-Night Holiday Lips with Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing TowelettesDay-to-Night Holiday Lips with Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

Let your lips dry for a minute or so before applying your nighttime lip color. I have been reaching for darker berry shades these days, so the MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Deep Plum (180) was right up my alley.

The great thing about this shade is that you can apply one light layer for a sheer wash of color, or you can build it up with a few layers like I did. Even when you build up to an opaque coverage, there’s still a natural sheen that highlights your lips instead of making them too matte or dry.

Now, you and your sassy lips are ready for a holiday party or night out on the town!

Day-to-Night Holiday Lips with Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick Deep Plum 180Day-to-Night Holiday Lips with Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick Deep Plum 180

With 16 assorted shades available, there’s a MoistureSmooth Color Stick to meet all your day-to-night makeup needs as you get ready for the holidays!

Just like with all Neutrogena products, the MoistureSmooth Color Sticks and Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes are available at your local Walmart.

Neutrogena at Walmart

For more product information, connect with Neutrogena on Facebook and Instagram!

How do you #GetHolidayReady? What’s your favorite shade from the Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick collection?

Say something ...

1. both these colours look amazing on you! to be honest, i’m not a big ‘lip’ girl – i have one product/colour i stick with and i’m pretty content to rock it all day all night lol. but you make me want to try these! i’m trying to get away from using wipes (many reasons) but those neutrogena ones are my die hard never gonna try another type because they all fall flat compared to those. haha.

Posted 12.6.16 Reply
    • Right?! Those wipes seriously are THE best out there. Nothing else compares. You would look so gorgeous with a berry lip – I think you should try it!

Posted 12.7.16 Reply
  2. Emily Dunham wrote:

I LOVE those colors. How is the staying power?

Posted 12.1.16 Reply
    • Aren’t they so pretty! They definitely aren’t going to last all day – you’ll have to reapply after eating/drinking. But, they are so easy to carry with you and reapply that I don’t think it’s a huge deal. You probably could give them more staying power by using lip liner and setting it with loose powder.

Posted 12.4.16 Reply
  3. Pamela wrote:

Both of those colors are gorgeous! I love lip crayons too, they’re so easy to apply! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 11.22.16 Reply
  4. Both colors look amazing on you! I love how they don’t seem drying at all– I always forget how much I love lip crayons!

Posted 11.22.16 Reply
  5. Mes Voyages à Paris wrote:

Beautiful!! love the lipsticks!

xx

Mónica Sors

MES VOYAGES À PARIS

NEW POST: PERFECT CASUAL WITH JEANS & MESSY BUN…

Posted 11.22.16 Reply
  6. You’re the cutest! I always love your high half-pony!

Zelle
    Southern Style

Posted 11.22.16 Reply
  7. Christina Sotherden wrote:

So much to love – first I love your hair like this, it’s so cute and second all your makeup looks great! I love both of thees colors and just made a note to look for them on a drugstore run I’m already doing tomorrow… so, thanks!

Posted 11.21.16 Reply
    • Thanks, friend! Definitely pick up a couple of these – there are so many colors, and they are so moisturizing. Perfect for this time of year!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
  8. You look so stunning in both of those colors! They really do fit the moods so well- the first one is a perfect anyway color and the bold berry pops in just the right way! You make me want to try them out:)

Posted 11.21.16 Reply
    • Thanks, lady! These are a great option to experiment with bolder colors because you can apply it sheer or build it up for more color. So really the best of both worlds.

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
  9. You look gorgeous! The Neutrogena lip crayons are amazing, aren’t they?!

Rachel / http://www.seashellsandsparkles.com

Posted 11.21.16 Reply
  10. I love both of these colors! The Neutrogena makeup wipes are a standard in my household. They work so well!

11. Heather wrote:

The colors you chose are so pretty! It’s amazing that by just switching a lip color you have two very different looks. #client

Posted 11.21.16 Reply
  12. The Neutrogena wipes are my go to in the evenings when I’m taking off my makeup! They’re so good! Those lip colors are so pretty, and I love that you said that it goes on like a lip balm, but builds too! That would be perfect for me!

Posted 11.21.16 Reply
    • Yes! You really can apply these sheer or put a couple coats on for more coverage. And, they never feel drying on your lips!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
  13. So pretty! That plum color is gorgeous and perfect for all the upcoming parties and events! <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 11.21.16 Reply
  14. I love those wipes and that deep plum color is perfect for the Holidays!

15. Cassie Schelldorf wrote:

LOVE those shades on you! I will have to check it out. I’ve been DYING for the perfect shade of deep berry for winter. I’m having such a hard time (hello, super paleness) and dark hair with blue eyes. UGH.

Posted 11.21.16 Reply
    • I remember I had that same issue when I dyed my hair dark (back in the day). Definitely check these out – you can apply them pretty sheer or build up coats for more coverage. You can’t go wrong!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
  16. Love Neutrogena! They make the best products!
    ~Samantha

Posted 11.21.16 Reply

I love Neutrogena products, and you look fantastic in tbese photos! The plum is perfect for this time of year, I’ll be getting one for myself!

18. Ashley wrote:

These colors are beautiful! I love the deep plum for the holidays!

Posted 11.21.16 Reply

I don’t know why I never thought to use those towelettes to clean lipstick off – that’s so smart!! I love the lighter pink color – so pretty! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston