My Go-To Casual Spring Outfit

Happy, happy Monday! Wisconsin finally got the memo about spring this weekend, and we had two glorious days of 60-degree temps and sunshine. That meant a lot of outdoor time and walks for my Finny boy – he was just the happiest pup! Anyways, I wanted to hop on quick today to share my go-to casual spring outfit. It’s the ideal outfit for the in between weather so you’re cool during the day and warm at night.

My Go-To Casual Spring Outfit

If you follow me on Instagram, then it’s likely that you’ve seen this look a time or two (or ten). No joke – I probably wear this outfit at least twice a week. It’s just so easy, and I love when I don’t have to think too hard about putting together an outfit. This look is my idea of comfort when I’m working from home, but I still feel put together for a coffee date or to run errands.

The best part is that I constantly mix and match the main elements of this outfit to get similar but different-enough looks. I love this anorak jacket so much that I bought it in both navy and olive green. Either color goes with practically anything. And, while striped tees are typically my main choice, I’ll occasionally throw on a graphic tee for a fun pop under the jacket.

High waist jeans my new jam. I. Am. Obsessed. Not having to pull up my waistband every .25 seconds is a godsend. I wasn’t sure I could pull them off, but I think they work since I have a longer torso. (Or, if they don’t look right on me, please tell me so my obsession can end here). Old Navy’s Rockstar built-in sculpt high waist jeans are SO good. No sagging or losing their shape as the day goes on. I stuck with my regular size 6, which fits perfectly, so I’d say they’re true-to-size.

Nine times out of 10 these days, you also can find me in a simple pair of sneakers. I never, ever thought I’d be one to wear sneakers with jeans or any outfit for that matter, but who can deny when comfort meets style? Obviously, not me.

navy anorak jacket with striped tee

My go-to casual spring outfit feels ridiculously #basic, but I love what I love! 😉 You can shop the whole look below, as well as a few similar pieces that I adore.

What’s your go-to casual spring outfit?

Say something ...

1. Laura wrote:

Your hair color is gorgeous girl!

akaleidoscopeheart.com

Posted 4.9.17 Reply
  2. Mes Voyages à Paris wrote:

I like your jacket dear! Good outfit!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: YELLOW JUMPER & BOXER BRAIDS
    DON’T MISS: DENIM & LACE

Posted 4.6.17 Reply
  3. Super cute outfit! I love anorak jackets but just can’t find one I love on me. You pull of this look really well!
    Kelsey

Posted 4.5.17 Reply
  4. Caitlin wrote:

Yes to highwaisted jeans and striped tops!! Now please send that 60 degree weather east! 🙂

Caitlin | http://sunnystyleblog.com/

Posted 4.4.17 Reply
  5. Ashley wrote:

I could live in sneakers and be perfectly happy! I’m just glad it’s on trend! 🙂

Posted 4.4.17 Reply
  6. Christina Sotherden wrote:

Love this look – similar to my go to! I’ve been on a hunt for new sneakers and I think you just inspired me to just pick up some classic white ones!

Posted 4.4.17 Reply
  7. I am all about t-shirts and high waisted jeans these days – especially this time of year! I love this look and you look so radiant! xx

Posted 4.3.17 Reply
  8. YES to high waisted jeans! I wore my last pair until they tore in the thighs, and bought new ones this weekend. I’ll have to check out old navy! Your hair is also super cute like that!

Posted 4.3.17 Reply
  9. There is so much that I love about this outfit, but the jacket has got to be my favorite! It’s just so simple and cute all at the same time. I would be wearing an outfit like this all the time too!

Posted 4.3.17 Reply
  10. Yay for warmer weather and outdoor time. Loving that jacket and of course the stripes <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 4.3.17 Reply
  11. Looks like this are a go-to for me as well. I love light layers like a utility jacket, and I always love stripes. So cute on you! Glad you had some nice weather!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 4.3.17 Reply
  12. How cute are you?! Love the stripes.

Zelle
    Southern Style

Posted 4.3.17 Reply
  13. Definitely one of my go to spring outfits as well! I love my anorak jacket! I might have to snag the navy one too, love that color!

Posted 4.3.17 Reply
    • I get just as much wear out of the navy jacket as I do my olive green one. They are just such versatile pieces.

Posted 4.4.17 Reply
  14. Definitely one of my go to spring outfits as well! I love my anorak jacket! I might have to snag the navy one too, love that color!

Posted 4.3.17 Reply
  15. Super cute!! I saw a jacket like that at Target yesterday and now you’re making me want to go back and get it haha. Gotta wear layers here!! Those jeans look really good on you too! 🙂 Have a great day!!!

Posted 4.3.17 Reply
  16. The warmer weather really does seem to make everything better. I can totally see why this is your go-to outfit, it’s so cute!

Posted 4.3.17 Reply

It’s a challenge to know what to wear this time of year, but you’ve nailed it – it’s all about layering! (something I’m learning to do more of!) You look very cute and very relaxed!

18. Jenn wrote:

You are totally right in my wheelhouse with this. Spring I feel like I have to layer. So it’s comfy skinnies, a cute tee and a cardi. This is my Spring look too 🙂

Posted 4.3.17 Reply

This is my go to look for the weekends when we have in between weather here!! Loving your hair like that and glad you got to enjoy the outdoors today! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

lately on instagram @whatkarlysaid