10.23.17 28

A Weekend of Fall Fun

Happy Monday! I hope that everybody had a good weekend. After last week, we really needed a good few days around here. And, this weekend of fall fun delivered!

Lucky for us, Wisconsin saw some unseasonably wonderful weather this weekend. I’m talking all-day sunshine and temps in the mid-70s. It was glorious let me tell you! We took advantage of every hour and were outside as much as possible. This weather witchcraft sadly won’t last much longer.

Anyway, we kicked off Friday with an item on my fall bucket list – a corn maze! You guys … I’M NOW OBSESSED WITH CORN MAZES. That probably sounds pretty dumb, but it’s true. I can’t believe I’ve lived in the Midwest my whole life and just now took part in this fall right-of-passage. It was ridiculously fun, and I think we started a new fall tradition!

Weekend of Fall FunMeuer Farm Corn Maze 2017

If you’re local, head over to Meuer Farm for this year’s Elvis-themed maze!

We ended the day with a long walk with Finny boy, deep dish at our favorite local Italian restaurant (Ala Roma), and the first couple episodes of Mindhunters. Who else has started this show?! I admit that the first episode was kind of eh, but it quickly gets better from there. We’re already on episode seven!

Saturday was another gorgeous day! I decided last-minute that I wanted to try and get a new family photo to use for this year’s Christmas card. The plan was to just use a photo from our at-home lifestyle session, but unfortunately there aren’t any photos in there of all of us looking at the camera. So, we busted out the tripod and knocked out a little backyard session in less than 20 minutes. Having a wooded backyard does have its advantages at random times!

Fall family photo with dogMidwest fall family photo with dog

We also fit in our last mini-golf game of the year and a visit to our favorite drive-in before it closes for the season. I seriously wish these warm, sunny fall days would never end. Finn wishes the same!

Finley fall fun

Although Sunday was dreary and rainy, we ventured out to meet new friends for brunch! At my second 5k race last month, a girl was nice enough to come introduce herself after recognizing me from reading this little blog! (Hi, Ruth! 🙂 ) We’ve since met for coffee, and we got our husbands involved for our little brunch date. It was such a nice way to spend the morning and kick off the week!

A weekend of fall fun was exactly what my soul needed after a rough couple weeks. I’m glad to be going into this week back on track with a clear head and full heart.

How was your weekend? Get up to any fall fun where you live?

Linking up with Biana.

1. Ruth Sobeck wrote:

So glad we both happened to be running that 5k! 🙂 Steven and I enjoyed brunch with you guys so much and we’ll be looking forward to getting together again. Your corn maze date has me wishing we’ll get one more nice day yet this fall so we can go give it a try too!

Published 10.25.17
    • I’m so glad about that, too! We had the best time with you guys at brunch earlier this week, and we hope that we can get together again soon. 🙂 The corn maze was really fun, I hope that maybe you’ll be able to get there before the end of the season (even if it’s a little cold!)

Published 10.27.17
  2. Lauren Scorzafava wrote:

This sounds like such a fun weekend!

xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

Published 10.24.17

I’m so glad you guys had a fun weekend, I know you needed it! Love all the pics!

Published 10.24.17
  4. Jenn wrote:

Your pics looks gorgeous! You always get great family photos seemingly effortlessly 🙂
    Congrats on your first corn maze–they are definitely a lot of fun!

Published 10.24.17
    • Awe, thanks girl! Glad nobody can tell that I have a death grip on Finn to make him sit still, lol. The corn maze was so fun!

Published 10.24.17
  5. Your cornfield pics are too cute!!

Published 10.23.17
  6. Pamela wrote:

So much fall fun!! Kerri and I go to a corn maze every year and it never gets old! And love how your quick little backyard session turned out! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Published 10.23.17
  7. Sometimes the tripod is seriously a blogger’s best friend, amiright?! But seriously – how cute are your family pics?!

Published 10.23.17
    • Right?! I definitely don’t use ours enough, but it sure came in handy this weekend. Thank you so much!

Published 10.24.17
  8. That backyard sesh is adorable. I hadn’t even thought about cards yet, thanks for the reminder! I don’t think I’ve ever done a corn maze either, but we have one about 15 minutes away! We need to make it over there sometime.

Published 10.23.17
    • You should definitely try to do it! We had so much fun, a good way to get in the fall mood. It’s crazy to be thinking about Xmas cards already, but I guess it’s that time of year!

Published 10.24.17
  9. That is so fun that someone recognized you from here!! You are like a celebrity! 🙂 That striped shirt is also really cute and those pictures for your Christmas card look wonderful! 🙂 Glad that you enjoyed this awesome weather too!! 🙂

Published 10.23.17
    • Haha, definitely not the case! I’ve had a few people around here recognize me that read the blog, and it cracks me up every time. Definitely missing that weather now!

Published 10.24.17

What a fun filled fall weekend and I love your sunnies!! Your photos came out so great for the holiday cards!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Published 10.23.17
  11. I’ve always wanted to do a corn maze, they look like so much fun! I glad that you finally got to partake in this tradition, and it looks like you got some great pictures for your Christmas card picture this year!

Published 10.23.17
    • We had so much fun at the corn maze! Definitely a new tradition for us. And, thank you! I’m glad that we lucked out with the weather and got Finn to cooperate!

Published 10.24.17
  12. Yay for brunch dates and gorgeous fall weather. Aren’t corn mazes so much fun? <3

Green Fashionista

Published 10.23.17
  13. Yay for fall fun! Glad you got to enjoy yourselves. It was needed. The corn maze sounds fun, and how cute are your pics?!

Amy Ann